Alun is a commercial property partner who specialises in development and planning work. Alun has a great deal of experience dealing with large and complex mixed use developments, with particular emphasis on tax efficient legal structuring particularly addressing VAT and SDLT implications.
Alun has extensive experience advising on section 106 agreements including issues relating to viability on large residential led developments including viability reviews and calculation of additional off-site affordable housing contributions.
Alun has advised prominent developers on the implications of Enfranchisement, Leasehold Reform and Urban Development Act rights on proposed schemes and obtaining vacant possession where the development is subject to tenant’s rights under 1954 Landlord and Tenant Act.
Alun is a forward thinking lawyer with an entrepreneurial skill which he utilises to his clients’ advantage. Alun’s clients value his hands on approach and his client base continues to grow already incorporating a number of significant and high profile developers.
Alun’s recent projects include:
- Acquiring and obtaining planning for a 40 storey residential development in the Nine Elms area. Alun negotiated the section 106 agreement with Lambeth Council and advised with regards the sale of the property with the benefit of planning to an off-shore developer.
- Advising on a 80 unit scheme which included Permitted Development rights. Alun was involved in acquiring the property, completing a section 106 agreement and overseeing the disposal of the units in conjunction with the firm’s conveyancing department. The property was based in Barking area within the area of influence of Crossrail.
- Advising prominent developers with regards the acquisition of brownfield sites within Olympic Park and Fish Island areas
- Advising developers in respect of joint venture agreements with Registered Social Landlords and with Network Rail to achieve maximum value for both parties
- Alun has advised on the acquisition of large investment portfolios comprising over 100 properties.
Alun enjoys playing cricket and sailing and has an interest in modern political history. Alun also enjoys fine wine and going for walks in the Surrey hills with his young family.