Arthur is a solicitor specialising in corporate law.
He has been practising law for over 30 years and has practiced abroad. He is also a notary public.
He specialises in mergers and acquisitions, banking law, corporate finance including private equity, AIM listings, corporate restructuring and corporate insolvency.
He has acted on acquisitions in a variety of sectors including retail, pharmaceuticals, high-tech, IT, oil and gas, financial services, media and the hospitality industry.
Arthur has developed a vibrant international practice and has acted for a number of brand named English, American, Japanese and Indian companies. He is practised in cross-border acquisitions.
He holds a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) degree and sits on the board of various companies. He is a Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (MCIArb) and a member of the Association of Business Recovery Professionals (R3) and a member of the Notaries Society.
Arthur’s deals include:
- Acting for seller in £330m cross border sale of pharmaceutical company
- Acting for a number of investors and developers in several multi-million pound property deals
- Acting for seller in multi-million pound MBO of F1 racing team
- Acting for Japanese Company in restructuring of its UK and European subsidiaries
- Acting for sellers in a group company consisting of a Swiss company and a Nigerian company in a multi-million sale of shares to a US company in the oil and gas sector
- Acting for Indian pharmaceutical company in £multi-million acquisition of UK pharmaceutical company
- Acting for Indian cinema company in acquisition of majority stake in UK cinema chain
- Acting for sellers in £multi-million pound acquisition of group comprising US, UK and Indian companies
- Acting for sellers in sale of issued share capital of IT company to Swedish company
- Acting for US-based pharmaceutical company in acquisition of a UK company specialising in clinical trials
- Acting for sellers in £20m sale of shares in a communications group to a US company
- Acting for buyers in £multi-million purchase of international subsidiary of high-tech company (microwave technology)
- Acting for Indian steel company in setting up a company in Georgia and dealing with international bank funding for set-up
- Acting for sellers in £10m sale of shares in financial consulting company to US company
- Acting for developer in £multi-million joint venture property development, involving off-shore vehicles
- Acting for seller in £26.5m sale of shares in off-shore company with a 25-property portfolio
- Acting for a consortium of Japanese companies in a £multi-million acquisition of shares in a joint venture company in the automotive sector
- Acting for a large international design company in multi-million pound design agreement for a hotel consortium in Hungary
- Advising a number of international brand name Japanese companies on various matters, including restructuring, acquisitions and a variety of commercial agreement
- Acting for buyer in a £80m acquisition of shares an SPV whose single asset was a five star London hotel
- Acting for administrators/liquidators and buyers in numerous sales and purchases of businesses out of administration/liquidation
- Advising a number of clients on listings on the junior stock exchange
Arthur has supported the Business, Commercial & Company team in dealing with the property aspects of their transactions
Enjoys chess, cricket, languages and politics.
French and Portuguese.