Christopher has over 35 years experience in a wide range of employment, commercial litigation and property law matters. He has also acted for blue-chip corporations, private companies and individuals throughout his legal career.
He has 5 years experience as a Deputy District Judge and is able to provide on advice Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) such as Mediation, Arbitration matters as well as jurisdiction disputes involving international legal aspects.
Christopher’s has been involved in a number of reported cases in High Court and the Court of Appeal during his career
Recent cases include:
- A wide range of large commercial and business disputes for both Claimants and Defendants (including disputes between directors and shareholders).
- This includes acting for overseas clients such as in the Olympic Airlines Special Liquidation (a complex pensions case which went to the Supreme Court to make new case law and included a stay of multiparty Employment Tribunal proceedings).
- Recovering damages awards for in excess of £1million pounds each for Claimants in a variety of different commercial situations including catastrophic injury claims.
- Employment claims for many company directors, executives and other senior employees including Employment Settlement Agreements for substantial sums covering a wide range of employment issues including breach of contract, unfair dismissal, unpaid remuneration, sex race and age discrimination, restrictive covenants and related issues such as employee shareholdings confidential information and protected disclosure.
- Substantial Property disputes involving recovery of Commercial property including Landlord and Tenant litigation and in particular licensed premises under the Licensing Act 2003.
Christopher has a wide range of sporting interests particularly Football, Cricket and Golf He is a Trustee of the Blackheath Hockey and Catford & Cyphers Cricket Club and a Joint President of the Club and has an extensive knowledge of current affairs and many other non legal interests with his wide network of professional contacts.
Chris is a long serving member of both the London Solicitors Litigation Association and Employment Lawyers Association