Gary’s practice focuses on property disputes for landowners, landlords and leaseholders. He acts extensively in disputes about land ownership and Trusts of Land.
He deals with a wide range of landlord and tenant matters including statutory lease extensions, collective freehold purchase and ‘Right to Manage’.
He also advises developers and investors as to pre-emption rights under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987 and in particular how to avoid them…!
Gary’s recent cases include:
- Acting for a charity in respect of a claim for specific performance of a property sale contract.
- Acting for an offshore trust in a matrimonial dispute relating to the beneficial ownership of UK properties.
- Advising an occupier in respect of Adverse Possession of land in Notting Hill
- Advising a group of lessees about unreasonably high block insurance contributions.
- Advising residents of a gated community with regards to a claim by the local authority to reinstate a Right of Way through their development.
- Acting for a group of lessees in respect of a heavily contested right to manage application
Re Easy Letting & Leasing Ltd  EWHC 3175 (Morgan J.)
Application to restrain the advertisement of a winding-up petition; approach the Court should take where allegation that debt is bona fide disputed on substantial grounds.