George specialises predominantly in high level Commercial and Residential Real Estate Investment and Development matters acting for both investors and developers (both institutional and non-institutional).
George also has extensive experience in acting on secured lending matters for both private and institutional lenders. He has a particular expertise in the area of Islamic Finance and he acts for a number of financial institutions providing Islamic Finance products.
George also undertakes a considerable amount of work in the leisure and hospitality sector, acting for various restaurant and bar operators, night club operators and Hotel owners and operators.
He heads an experienced team of solicitors and support staff and as a team, they actively promote a proactive, dynamic, expedient and efficient approach to all their matters. George and his team work very closely with all parties in their transactions including all representatives with a view to assisting all stakeholders in proactively concluding the matter.
George’s most recent experience includes:-
- Purchase of a hotel in Kensington for £22m for overseas investors
- Purchase of a 40 room hotel in Brighton in excess of £4m
- Purchase of a large commercial building in Hull let to House of Fraser for £11m
- Purchase of a large retail park for a purchase price of over £8m
- A considerable number of development sites and acquisitions for permitted development (PD) including an acquisition of a large office block in Crawley for £60m and a large office block in Bristol for £22m
- Purchase of a large office block within Great Portland Street for in excess of £11m that was subsequently developed to residential. We also acted in the sales of the residential flats
- Purchase of a large portfolio of houses from a variety of different receivers in Leeds and Nottingham
Playing football and coaching football to young children, playing tennis, helping with various Charitable Organisations