Georgina is a Solicitor with nearly 30 years experience in advising substantial businesses on complex legal issues and providing strategic and commercial solutions. She has established and led teams of solicitors in the business sector having significant experience in every aspect of commercial transactions. Her experience includes mergers and acquisitions, re-structuring and insolvency. She has also advised businesses with regard to a wealth of contentious and non-contentious employment issues.
Georgina has built up a reputation for her clear thinking commercial acumen and effective commercial solutions. The Legal 500 being the world’s leading independent authority on legal service providers describes Georgina as “very strategic in her thinking and advice”.
She has acted for a number of companies with household names and has specific experience in the banking, catering, construction, data, estate agency, fit out, food, property development and investment, retail, roofing sectors as well as acting for professionals such as accountants, fund managers and investors.
Her experience includes Mergers and Acquisitions, MBO’s, Re-Financing, Corporate Governance, Shareholders’ Agreements, Franchise Agreements, Terms and Conditions of Business, Licensing Agreements and numerous other Commercial Contracts, Contentious and Non-Contentious Employment matters including Contracts of Employment and Service Agreements and dealing with variety of complex Tribunal claims including Unfair Dismissal, Discrimination Claims and TUPE.
Georgina also has experience in all aspects of corporate recovery work including administrations, liquidations, receiverships, company voluntary arrangements (CVA’s), individual voluntary arrangements (IVA’s) and bankruptcy. Advising insolvency practitioners as to the validity of their appointment and other legal compliance issues as well as acting for insolvency practitioners in selling businesses, tracing, pursuing actions against directors such as preferences, wrongful trading and other misfeasance actions.
She also has extensive experience in dealing with directors’ disqualification claims and assisting them in their capacity as shareholders with winding up petitions and unfair prejudice claims.
Her experience includes :
- Acting for a multi million pound retail household name in relation to corporate re-structuring and re-financing
- Acting for the directors and shareholders of a well known chain of restaurants in a multi million pound minority shareholder action
- Acting for a national construction company with regard to over 700 TUPE highly complex claims valued at £17m
- Acting for a high net worth individual with regard to a multi jurisdictional matter for claims in excess of US$150m and counterclaim of US$48m
- Acting for private banks in relation to significant bonus claims
- Acting for financial institutions with regard to team lifts of talent to and from competitors
- Acting for a number of estate agents in relation to the sale and purchase of businesses
- Acting for a number of insolvency practitioners in the sale of assets in varying sectors including pharmaceutical and property
- Advising numerous companies on various matters including re-structuring, acquisitions and a variety of commercial agreements
- Acting for a South African investor in relation to an acquisition in the UK
- Acting for a US company in an acquisition of a UK business specialising in airport security devices
- Acting for numerous companies in exiting senior executive and negotiating substantial packages
- Acting for a leading construction and regeneration group with a turnover of over £3 billion in significant employment matters
- Acting for numerous SME’s in relation to sale and purchase of businesses and shares
- Acting for a Trustee of a Charity in relation to investigations by the Charity Commission
Eating out, mountain biking and squash