Lucy has nearly 20 years’ experience in her legal career, subsequent to a comprehensive business software, e-commerce, sales and marketing background in the property software industry. This combination enables her to take a very pragmatic and commercially-minded approach with her clients. She prioritises having a full understanding of what her clients are seeking to achieve from the outset, so that their objectives may be met.
As a Corporate and Commercial Solicitor, she has advised many public and private companies, partnerships and individuals. Her legal sector-specific experience includes banking, biotech, catering, construction, estate agency, pharma, professional advisors (accountants, fund managers and investors), luxury market services, property investment, retail (and supply chain) and technology.
She has advised on a wide variety of types of business commerce matters and their related legal issues, covering contractual terms and conditions, e-commerce and websites, intellectual property rights, licensing, employment and service contracts, amongst other areas.
She has acted for many organisations on their corporate legal requirements, from incorporation through to exit, about their business plans, joint ventures, corporate governance, shareholders’ agreements, business sales and acquisitions, partnerships, limited liability partnerships and on admissions to the UK Junior Markets (AIM and PLUS).
Her experience includes:
- Advised many SMEs on many software licences and contracts, together with related intellectual property matters.
- Advised many SME’s about legal matters relating to their website strategies, terms and conditions.
- Advised software companies on substantial procurement contracts.
- Advised cloud services providers on a range of commercial and corporate agreements.
- Acted for and advised an investment fund management company on their corporate and commercial agreements.
- Acted for estate agents in relation to the sale and purchase of businesses.
- Advised companies on a wide variety of commercial terms and conditions.
- Acted for many SME’s in their sales and purchases of businesses and shares.
- Advised many companies and shareholders on articles of association and shareholder agreements.
- Advised and negotiated for many companies and directors on service contracts and employment agreements, including related exit strategies.
- Negotiated many employment compromise agreements.
- Advised companies and professionals on their applications to the Financial Services Authority for registration.
- Acted for Biotech and Pharma companies seeking admissions to the UK Junior Markets (AIM and PLUS).
Nutrition & complementary healthcare, politics, travel and enjoying time with family.