Matthew has over 20 years of experience in advising clients in relation to a wide manner of disputes and in both High Court and County Court proceedings.
Matthew acts for both Claimants and Defendants and in relation to matters such as:
– General commercial disputes, breach of contract claims and debt recovery matters,
– Property, construction and development related disputes,
– Professional negligence claims,
– Partnership disputes and disputes between Directors,
-Disputes between Trustees and Beneficiaries, and
-Disputes involving High Net Worth and Ultra High Net Worth family members.
Matthew places particular emphasis on dispute prevention. However, where disputes do arise, Matthew seeks an early and cost-effective resolution where possible and by various means, including through tactical offers and strategies, Mediation and other forms of Alternative Dispute Resolution.
With experience spanning a wide range of sectors, Matthew’s clients frequently include:
– Companies and SMEs (in particular family owned and owner managed businesses),
– Property developers, investors and building contractors,
– Surveyors, valuers and property managing agents,
– High Net Worth and Ultra High Net Worth individuals and families (particularly those that are non-UK domiciled and non-UK resident) and with significant business and/or property interests in the UK and overseas,
– Family Offices, Wealth Managers, Trustees and Beneficiaries, and
– Entrepreneurs, Start-Ups and new businesses.
About half of Matthew’s clients are based overseas or have overseas interests, including the Middle East, North Africa (in particular Egypt), South Africa, India, Europe, China and Hong Kong.
Matthew is regularly instructed by foreign law firms and other professional service providers.
He is a member of the Arab-British Chamber of Commerce (ABCC) and has been a member of the Egyptian British Chamber of Commerce (EBCC) for more than 15 years.
Outside of his dispute related work, due to his strong links with Chambers of Commerce and overseas professional service providers, Matthew is often the first point of contact for clients within the Middle East and North Africa wishing to incorporate English companies or set up subsidiary companies; who looking to enter into Joint Venture Agreements or to conduct business with English companies; who are looking to invest in UK companies and/or property, or who are looking for advice on residency and citizenship related matters.
Matthew is very approachable and would be happy to discuss your particular needs with you.