- The European Parliament (EP) plenary session adopted an own-initiative Resolution on the definition of SME’s.
- The definition of SME’s is referred to in around 100 EU legal acts.
- The definition aims to contribute to enabling quality job creation, improving working conditions and security, and limiting any abuses to the absolute minimum.
- Alongside this, the EP also highlighted the need to clarify the terms “linked enterprise” and “partner enterprise” and the status of SMEs in mergers.
- The EP also calls on member states and the Commission to provide information about changes in the SME definition or procedures as well as guidance to enterprises on the procedures used to determine SME status.
Max is a business lawyer with a pragmatic and highly commercial approach developed over an unusually diverse career with more than 25 years in private practice for small and large city law firms including international city giant Norton Rose advising businesses from start-ups to multinationals.